IEP - INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCTS, LLC
All rights reserved © International Environmental Products
River boyne oil spill and environmentally friendly clean up
- Oil slick reported on the river boyne, drogheda, co louth, ireland.
- Conventional booms are deployed by the coastguard and fire department to contain the spill
- Numerous wild fowl and their nesting areas are now in danger as a result of the oil.
- Drogheda borough council require a treatment that is 100% environmnetally safe and that will not damage flora or fauna.
- The borough council choose to use s-200 an inert, non toxic, carbon sensitive bioremediation fluid that when sprayed on the oil, bonds with it keeping in afloat, thus allowing the naturally occuring microbes to eat the oil.
- The coastguard and fire department spray s-200 onto the surface of the oil spill over the course of three hours.
- The s-200 bonds instanteously with the oil and in doing so removes the oil slick stain from the surface of the water
- By 14:00 on friday the 7th of september the oil slick stain has been completely removed and the resultant s-200/oil interface is now non toxic and safe to fauna and flora.
- Coastguard and the fire department go home, a job well done
In the space of two weeks the oil was completely biodegraded
- No damage to flora or fauna
- S-200 100% efficient
- S-200 100% effective
- S-200 actively cleans up the spilled oil
- S-200 saves time and money - apply once and leave it to do the work
- No need for expensive spill disposal and storage at long term toxic oil